Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Gratitude List

I think gratitude is underrated. Sure we have a day devoted to worshipping turkey, stuffing and pie (and that rates right up there as one of my favorite days of the year), but I'm more interested in every day gratitude. What are you thankful for this minute? This week? This year? Here's my top 10 list:

1) The endless supply of amazing opportunities just waiting to be grabbed. I've received an abundance lately.

2) My husband and kids. They offer love, support and hugs. You can't beat hugs, especially if they come with messy faces and grubby hands. Those are the best.

3) My friends. Mine seriously rock. They make my heart smile. Often. They also keep me honest and real. Who needs a therapist with friends like that? (that's a rhetorical question)

4) Sleep. Oh, the delicious feeling of a nap or a full 8 hours of sleep. I hope I get some soon.

5) My yoga practice. It has saved my back, my breath and my mind on many occasions. Seriously people, without yoga, I'd be one stiff, cranky woman.

6) My home. It's my sanctuary. As a wannabe introvert, it's the place I most love to be. And it's a good thing too, since I work from home.
7) My creativity. On any given day, I have a multitude of ways to express myself. I've recently expanded my creativity to coloring. Relatives, please expect a number of crayon drawings for Christmas.
8) Sunshine. When the warmth of the sun touches my skin, I'm instantly in a better mood. Too bad I live in an area where sunshine has been more rare than a Bigfoot sighting.

9) Chocolate. My family knows that without it, I would need to be humanely euthanized.
10) Books. I've mentioned I have an addiction to reading and it's one I feed on a daily basis. I read almost anything I can get my hands on. Including, but not limited to shampoo bottles, appliance manuals and the occasional anatomy book.

What's on your gratitude list? Feel free to post in the comments.
Jess

No comments: