Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Holiday Favorites

Happy Holidays! I hope you're all enjoying the hustle and bustle of the season, and also the winding down of 2011. I love this time of year. I love gift giving, hot drinks, warm blankets, happy kids on Christmas morning, and preparing for the new and exciting year to come. It seems everyone has traditions that are near and dear to their heart, and I'm no exception. Here are a few of my seasonal favorites:

1) Christmas shows. I record them all. Elf, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Mickey's Christmas Carol, The Polar Express, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation...I could go on and on. I'd love to say I record them for my kids, but the sad truth is that I'm far more excited to watch them. Okay, my husband makes me watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation every year so he can recite every line, but it's still entertaining.

2) Hot chocolate. I drink this year round, but this time of year is different. Nothing beats nestling into a comfy chair or couch with a steamy mug of chocolaty awesomeness.

3) Wrapping presents. I know, this sounds weird. Many people find wrapping to be a chore, but it's a relaxing task for my creative side. I love curling ribbons, making elaborate bows, and packaging odd-shaped items. Yes, I need help. *grins*

4) Don't hate me for this one but...I love holiday music. Nobody--and I mean nobody--can sing holiday classics like Bing Crosby and Nat King Cole. I could listen to those guys sing White Christmas all day long.

5) The smell of the season. Christmas trees, candy canes, holiday baking, all of those scents that create the warm, fuzzy feeling of comfort. Bliss.

What are some of your favorite things about the holiday season?

Best wishes for you and yours for a fabulous holiday!

2 comments:

Christa Desir said...

Okay, I have been listening to Xmas music every day at work since Nov. 7. Here's what I've learned:

1. Wham does not belong w Xmas music.
2. The cast from Glee does almost every song better except for the classic Bing Crosby's.
3. Mariah Carey now makes me want to poke my eyes out.
4. Feliz Navidad is an annoying song.

Happy Holidays, Jess!

Jess said...

You crack me up. :) I feel the same way about Wham, Mariah Carey and Feliz Navidad. And Bing Crosby is my favorite holiday singer.

Happy holidays to you too!