You might be a paranormal junkie if...
- You can't handle your husband's Chia Pet-like back hair, but drool over the sexy were in your latest urban fantasy read.
- You keel over at the first sign of a needle, but would think nothing of offering your neck to a vampire hottie.
- The thought of ghosts freaks you out, but if they all looked like Patrick Swayze in GHOST, you'd create your own ghost hunting group.
- You secretly wish the cop who just gave you a speeding ticket would turn into a shifter and take you away to give you his mate mark.
- You know who I'm talking about when I say, "Sam and Dean."
- You go to flea markets and rub every cheap, grubby bottle hoping to nab your very own dijinn.
- You join your local Bigfoot Research group with the hopes of catching a werewolf mid-change.
- You're convinced the gorgeous guy you made eye contact with at the coffee shop this morning was actually reading your mind because he's psychic and fated for you.
- You get into a physical altercation with your best friend because she has the nerve to think your book boyfriend belongs to her.
This is by no means a complete list. And if you answered yes to most of them, you need to know one thing--you're in good company. All I can say is thank you to the muses of the many authors who make these heroes so real to us. I'll continue to give them all the shelf space they deserve. ;)
If you have any criteria to add, I'd love to hear it!